CAS is organized around the three strands of creativity, activity and service defined as follows.
- Creativity—exploring and extending ideas leading to an original or interpretive product or performance
- Activity—physical exertion contributing to a healthy lifestyle
- Service—collaborative and reciprocal engagement with the community in response to an authentic need
Students must meet the following requirements to successfully complete their CAS program.
- Achieve the seven CAS learning outcomes, listed to the right.
- Participate in CAS experiences over a period of 18 months from the beginning of their junior year until the first week of March in their senior year.
- Participate in several experiences in EACH of the three strands of CAS: creativity, activity, and service.
- Complete at least one coordinator-approved CAS project.
- Maintain a CAS portfolio that includes reflections from EVERY CAS experience.
- Show evidence of having achieved each of the seven learning outcomes in their reflections.
- Participate in experiences that are committed and take place over several weeks
- Complete a total of 100 CAS hours and a minimum of 3 reflections/evidence for each CAS experience.